World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has remained the world’s leading and largest professional wrestling organization. And the biggest PPV for 2018, Wrestlemania 34 started in early April 2018 with 14 matches on the card. A usual, many predictions followed. The show started at 7 pm ET/4 pm PT on Sunday, April 8 with a two-hour kickoff show and ended on a note that left many fans wondering since many of their predictions were wrong.
Major Matches on the Card
Some of the major matches on the card at the commencement of Wrestlemania 34 include:
- For the Universal Championship – Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
- For the WWE Championship – AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
- For the Smackdown Women’s Championship – Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka
- For the Intercontinental Championship – The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
- For the Raw Women’s Championship – Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jox
- For the U.S. Championship – Randy Orton (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev
- The Andre the Giant Battle Royal
- For the Smackdown Tag Team Championships – The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
- For the Raw Tag Team Championships – The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman and an unnamed partner
- Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon
- Women’s Battle Royal
- For the Cruiserweight Championship – Cendric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali.
Indeed, these are only some of WWE Wrestlemania 34 that began the matches. Now that the WWE 2018 is over, here’s what the results look like. First, each of all the matches were near wins on the part of one of the wrestlers, but these only added to the spectacular moments that made Wrestlemania 34 fun.
The night was filled with surprises and many fans were interested in some key moments in some matches. The Cena and The Undertaker match indeed was worth it, even though it left many people wondering if the Taker is back for good. No doubt, that match was only a tip of the iceberg as many anticipate a continuation of this storyline in the next WWE event, Wrestlemania 35 (next year). Many fans are, of course, wondering whether The Undertaker is back from retirement and wasn’t just present for a one-squash match.
On the women angle, it’s a wonder how Ronda Rousey made a brilliant win after she beat Triple H and Kurt Angle and then Stephanie McMahon. As this was only her first match, fans are impressed and are anxious to find out if she’ll be progressing to the top scene of the women’s division. Perhaps she may even beat Raw champ Nia Jax. Who knows.
As fans head out of Mania, there’s the hope that Brock Lesnar will get a new wrestler to challenge him. Since the just-concluded Wrestlemania 34 showed very little of his performance, other main event stars like Finn Balor, Braun Strowman or even Samoa Joe will be good matches for him.
The three PPVs of WWE Wrestlemania 34 which took place at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans on April 8 sure had interesting storylines that left fans puzzled. No doubts, the match between Lesnar and Reigns will always be remembered as the “worst match of the night.” For more information on Wrestlemania and other sports, visit The USA Life.